Metro Publisher Release 2.14 has successfully completed its testing phase and our clients are now gradually being upgraded to v2.14.
Custom Event Types
By popular demand, event types are now completely customizable so that you can create your own tags and group them into custom categories to both pique your readers' interest and suit their specific needs.
This feature includes:
- Custom tags and your own tag categories to organize events
- A tags browser in admin
NOTE: Because of this change to tags, Metro Publisher's predefined tag categories no longer exist. For event exports to InDesign, you must therefore match up what are now tags, by replacing "group_title_category" with "group_title_tag" in InDesign!
Custom event tags and categories represent the first in a series of upgrades to events and locations. For example, in our next release, v2.15 we'll be upgrading locations with custom tags.
We've also added two rich-text description fields at the top and the bottom of event (and location) search pages. You can now add formatted text and links to explain the details of the methodology behind your customized searches, e.g. for staff favorites or best-rated.
Responsive Ads for DFP
Also by popular demand, we have an elegant new integration with Google’s DoubleClick for Publishers which allows your site to serve up a variety of responsive ad sizes based on a user's screen width.
This feature includes:
- Various creatives for different mobile screen widths within single line item in DFP
- Streamlined set of default ad slots
- Ad slot targeting via tags
New Standard Theme
With this release, we've added a new theme called Vibrant. This is the first of a variety of new themes we'll be rolling out throughout 2015.
Here are some of the features of the new theme:
- Full-width Header
- Drop Down Navigation for Subsections
- Headline Stories: Full-width images, title and description
- Lead Stories: Full-width images, title and description
New 3rd Party Integration – Chartbeat
Charbeat provides real-time traffic and audience-behavior data for analysis of visitor actions and content performance on your site, as well as an ad sales platform.
RSS Feeds Update
- Image and author RSS embedding for MailChimp
New Roundups Features
- Hide map option added
- Option for ascending/descending order added
- Location title override added
- Special feature: Roundup with a single location
–> For map integration via a roundup with a single location we have changed the zoom level for improved display
- “Draft” state allows Pages to be temporarily or permanently hidden from public view
- Header insert added
–> Allows addition of a custom og:image tag to determine which image should be displayed in Facebook posts, for example
Locations & Directory Listings
- Order of images in the directory can now be rearranged
- Copy option added – easier entry of businesses with multiple locations
- Location searches now have option to show ONLY listings
- Option to turn off the map and address info on locations for businesses/services without a physical address added
- Rich text fields added to top and bottom of location searches
Images in Design Center
- Images can now be deleted via the 'x' button which appears on each image
- Warning before copying the homepage via "Copy this weekday's homepage" added
- "Check all" and "check none" buttons fixed
- Publish/Unpublish button added to edit comment forms
Related Links (PRO feature)
- Customizable default header text for related articles added to default texts
- Admin -> Settings -> Message -> Related Links Title on Articles field