We here at Metro Publisher have lately been working feverishly towards some new and exciting features that we will be releasing in various stages over the next several months. As a result, the newest release will be fast and furious. However, this release includes only a few features that you will notice right away. But, under the hood, there are many important changes that will pave the way for things to come.
So, beginning next week, the development team will be gradually upgrading all clients to the v2.13 release of Metro Publisher.
NEW Features & Updates for v2.13
Here are new features and updates that you can make use of right now.
- Content Export Just like with events, there is now an export option for content.
- Sort Title for Locations and Events A Sort Title field has been added to locations and events. This is an important feature for locations and event titles that start with articles (such as "the") or for multi-lingual titles.
- "Closed" Locations Locations marked as "No longer in business" are excluded from location search results.
- Location and Event Search Pages Quicklinks will only appear on searches that include the "Use map" option.
- Print-only Description for Locations Location Print-only field available for event export.
- Book Reviews ISBN number is no longer a required field.
As mentioned above, we’ve been working on some important new features that are very deep in the code. Over the next several development cycles, you can expact to start seeing features such as:
- Customizable Event Types and Categories
- Customizable Location Types and Categories
- More robust "Badges"
- DFP update for mobile ads
We’ll be making announcements as these new features are closer to being released. In the mean time, we hope that you are able to make good use of the new features included in this release.
- See more at: http://www.metropublisher.com/213-release-notes.html#sthash.hcHL9MJj.dpuf