There have been a lot of new features and important updates in April.
As of April 10, 2017 Metro Publisher's default contact form has been removed.
Previously, all Metro Publisher sites included a simple contact form that could collect basic information from users.
The form could be found at this URL:
Unfortunately, recent and persistent attempts by spammers to hijack these forms has forced us to deprecate them permanently.
Luckily, there are several free options with third party services that allow you to build custom forms for the same purpose. These services are specialized and offer more freedom and security for embedding forms on your website.
Here is a list of important changes and new features that you can expect to find on your Metro Publisher site.
- Calendar Sprocket – A new calendar sprocket has been created to work on the new section editor. It uses a calendar widget to display dates where events occur
- Tag Cloud Sprocket – The tag cloud sprocket has been updated to work on the new section editor
- Multi-tag Content – From the content overview page, you can now multi-select and tag content
Refinements & Optimisations
- Full-width Content – Articles assigned to sections that have no sprockets now stretch full-width by default
- Directory – Changed "Coupon" text to "Offer" on listings pages.
- Database – General upgrades and improvements
- Roundups & Reviews – Improved relevance of locations on drop down lists
- DFP – Unused ad slots can now be deactivated to prevent unwanted AdSense ads from serving
- General Fixes
- Improved pasting into text editor from outside documents
- Fixed Carousel flicker and ad refresh on Internet Explorer
- Event submit preview issue resolved
- and more...